There is no charge for these classes. The CERT Basic Training course is a prerequisite for attendance at these classes.
1. February 18, Saturday, Point of Distribution (POD) Training
NC CERT will be providing training on the POD system used for distribution of emergency food and supplies in the event of a community disaster disrupting the normal supply chain. This is a valuable service that, if trained, our members could be used to organize and staff POD centers in Caldwell County.
The training is on Saturday, February 18, 12:00-5:00, at the Caldwell County Health and Human Services Building, 2345 Morganton Blvd, Lenoir, NC.
Registration is on the state TERMS site.
If you are not already a registered TERMS user, you will need to sign in here before you can register for a class. The link to TERMS registration is on the upper right of the page.
The POD class has a prerequisite of the online POD class and test. It is interesting and worth the time. Here is a link to the IS-26 class.
This video is a short overview of the POD system.
2. February 21, 2017, Tuesday, 7 pm—Map and Compass Reading
Kings Creek Fire Department
Maps and compasses will be provided for the training. To register, call Kenneth Teague at 828-757-1419.
3. February 25 and 26, 8:00 to 5:00. ICS-400 – Advanced Incident Command System Command and General Staff – Complex Incidents
Grace Chapel Volunteer Fire Department
4547 Grace Chapel Road, Granite Falls NC 28630
ICS 100, 200, and 300 are prerequisites. Register on the TERMS website.
4. March 4, 2017, Saturday, 10:00 to 3:00—Wilderness Search & Rescue Class (Registration required—maximum of 20-25 CERT participants. Lunch provided.)
Kings Creek (address will be provided to those who register)
The class will include a session on how to build an emergency shelter. Participants should bring an 8 x 10 ft. tarp.
To register, call Kenneth Teague at 828-757-1419.
5. May 20, 2017, Saturday, 9:00—NC CERT State Conference (More information to follow—please put this date on your calendar.)