The Caldwell County CERT Club’s first meeting will be Thursday, September 29, 6:00-8:00 pm, at the Caldwell County Health and Human Services Building. To RSVP, please send an email to email@example.com.
The purpose of the CERT Club is to provide an opportunity for Caldwell County trained CERT volunteers to
- remain active in CERT contributing to the safety of ourselves, our families, and our community during disasters,
- enhance our training and experience in a wide variety of emergency-related skills,
- assist with sharing emergency preparedness information with people in our community,
- provide support and assistance to our emergency first responders.
We hope you will join us at our first meeting to provide input into the organization and functions of the CERT Club. Even if you haven’t participated in CERT for awhile, this is an opportunity to get acquainted with other CERT volunteers and renew your skills.
Here is our preliminary agenda.
Time: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Caldwell County Health and Human Services Building, 2345, Morganton Blvd SW, Lenoir, NC. Enter at back of building in employee entrance.
- Welcome and introductions
- Overview of the Caldwell County Emergency Operations Plan, disaster resources available, role of and goals for CERT—Kenneth Teague
- Training/program priorities
- CERT Club meeting schedule
- Potential CERT Club teams
- Firefighter Rehabilitation (See attachment)
- Communications—communications plan, equipment, private Yahoo group page or FB page for club members
- Recruitment– CERT members and CERT teams (churches, employers, civic clubs, etc.)
- Training and Programming (See attachment of 2016 training)
- Publicity and Events
Join us at the CERT Club and become part of a great team!