CERT speakers are available for meetings of local civic, church, and neighborhood groups, schools, employee meetings, and conferences. We can do presentations of 15 minutes to an hour.
To book a speaker for your meeting, contact us at CaldwellCountyCERT@gmail.com. Include your organization’s name, contact person, and phone number.
- Role of CERT in disaster preparedness and response—Is your group ready to have a CERT team?
- What could happen in an extreme emergency or disaster—impact on transportation, electricity, telephones, food, water, shelter, fuel, emergency services
- When disaster strikes—How can you prepare in advance to improve the quality of your survival and reduce the damage from hazards?
- Family emergency plans
- Maintaining hygiene and sanitation
- Water storage and treatment
- Food storage and preparation
- Power and light
- Emergency kits—evacuation, stay in place, vehicle get-home kits, first aid, children, elderly, pets
- Potential hazards—what they are, their impact, and how to prepare for them
- Fire—home and wildfires
- Extreme heat
- Severe thunderstorms and tornadoes
- Winter storms
- Pandemic Influenza