Found on NCEM website:
Are you ReadyNC? Here’s an App to Help.
North Carolina now has a mobile application that will help our residents and visitors prepare daily for everything from minor traffic emergencies to severe storms.
This all-in-one tool can provide the latest weather, traffic and hazard information and tells you what you need to know to be safe in all types of emergencies. The app is free and available (look for ReadyNC) in the AppStore for iphones and Google Play for Android devices.
Using this app does NOT replace calling 911. It is not intended to report emergencies to local officials, but it can be used to find life-saving information.
Some of the features include:
- real-time traffic and weather information
- critical information on how to be safe during different hazardous events
- real-time information about opened shelters for evacuees (including addresses, capacity, directions and if the shelter is pet-friendly)
- real-time updates on flood levels of major nearby creeks and rivers
- phone numbers and links to all North Carolina power companies to report outages
- basic instructions on how to develop emergency plans and what to put in your emergency supplies kit
- real-time information on which counties have issued evacuation orders
- contact numbers and links to websites for those who need help recovering from a disaster
- direct links to the ReadyNC.org and NCDPS.gov websites and social media accounts
We never know when the next storm will threaten, but we do know that those who are prepared before will fare better. Use this app to get your family ready.