Incident Command System Class IC -100
Caldwell County Library Meeting Rooms, Lenoir, NC
Oct. 16, 2012
Time 18:00 (6:00 pm)
CERT members encouraged to attend.
Purpose of ICS-100
- Identify requirements to use ICS, three purposes of ICS and common incident tasks.
- Basic Features of ICS: Describe the basic features of ICS.
- Incident Commander and Command Staff Functions: Describe the role and function of the Incident Commander and Command Staff.
- General Staff Functions: Describe the role and function of the Operations, Planning, Logistics and Finance/Administration sections.
- Facilities: Describe the six basic ICS facilities, identify facilities that may be located together, and identify facility map symbols.
- Common Responsibilities: Describe common mobilization responsibilities and common responsibilities at an incident, list individual accountability responsibilities, and describe common demobilization responsibilities.
Limited room so RSVP.
Caldwell County CERT will have a booth at the Fire & Life Safety Festival.
||October 6, 2012
||10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
||On October 6, 2012, the Caldwell County Fire Rescue Association will be hosting the 2012 Fire & Life Safety Festival on the campus of Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute in Hudson, NC. The event will include an individual and team firefighter combat challenge, bucket brigade, antique fire apparatus show, vendors, arts and crafts, live music, bounce houses and games for the kids as well as a large raffle and plenty of food and drinks. Anyone interested in learning more about this event or needing additional information on the Festival or its events, or to register for any of the competitions, can contact Dino DiBernardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sam Smith at email@example.com.
Event Location: Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
Contact Name: Dino DiBernardi
Contact Phone: 828-757-1108
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact Caldwell County and trains them in basic disaster response skills such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist themselves, their families, and others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in Caldwell County, North Carolina.
This is a free, voluntary program that encourages members of our community to be prepared in any emergency. Individuals, groups of friends and family, and organizations are all encouraged to join us!
Practicing in CPR class
Collapsed Wall Class
First Aid Class